White spot meds for bristlenose?

Natalie

Today I noticed in of my GBA breeding tanks (which now also has swordtails in it breeding too), the GBA's have what looks like white spot on their fins (the swordtails look perfect). I have never had white spot in bristlenose before, and I know there is some meds they cannot have...is it OK to give them white spot cure? Some of the babies also look like they have bloated tummies...they also have spots on their fins...so I wonder if thatis related?

Please help! :)

I don't know anything about tropical fish and meds, but this page on whitespot should be compulsory reading for every fishkeeper:

http://www.skepticalaquarist.com/docs/health/ich.shtml

It can be a bit heavy going, and not everything will relate to you, but there is SOOO much misinformation out there about dealing with this parasite. This site is accurate and blows those myths out of the water.

Good luck. I just dosed my kokopu tank with salt for whitespot. SO very annoyed about it! But, sometimes you screw up in unforseeable ways :cry:

Bristlenoses can't be in a tank treated for snails as they feed on the poisoned snail corpses which fall to the bottom.

I've treated my tank for whitespot a few weeks ago, with no adverse effects to any of the inhabitants - and there are a LOT of bristlenoses in there, ranging from newly hatched to adults.

I'm pretty sure its safe :wink: