What Guppy strains are there?

Spink

I've just been looking at a few of the guppies I have actually kept (my breeding tank broke so I've had to keep them in a temporary home while I fix it! :o ) and I have a few that look like they could be really neat to breed from!

I have tuxedos, some wild ones, some orange/white/yellow that have a platinum look...I'm looking forward to doing some breeding now too!

What strains/types do you have so far?

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

alanco,

Try to get some of the wild forms if you want to breed something new. Those wild forms are actually a reversion of some awesome guppy strains that existed thirty years ago. When I bred them to my advanced guppies, a lot of new and unexpected colours came out in the first generation offspring and I am now trying to stabilise the colours to make them pure.

Another good example is breeding with the venezuelan guppies.

This picture borrowed from Billaney's photo album is an offpring of my Venezuelan (in my avatar) and a Moscow female that has a blond gene it won first place in the Livebearer show.

DSC_8039.jpg

I think you know where you're going by the looks of your guppies. The most promising one is that turquoise male (middle of second pic), I think I should send you some of my Moscow females so you can create turquoise moscows. The blue neon tuxedo has really good finnage.

Thanks, that would be great! im looking to create some new ones

Yeah that one of my fav one, even though I have a few of other guppies of that strand

It would be great, would moss guppies inhance the finage of the next generations to come?

I'll take some other photos of the strands I have

i will keep them till christmas unless anyone wants to buy the babies, id rather wait till they are a big bigger

Anddddddd all my guppies are in 2 diff tanks, so they could be anything I got some gold guppies?? a rex tux, a snake skin one, some females that have black all over them and colours on their tales some with big tails i think there even might be a few swords

I got about 40 guppies for 15 dollars :P otherwise I would of just picked the best ones out hehe

I have 3 tanks now 2 with fish, one with fry so thats three and a turtle so that makes four everyone thinks im mad so no more tanks, until next yr when I shift i might get a 4 or 5 foot job ooo cant wait lmao

Just got another 7 out of tank into fry tank and then 3 platy out of my tank in comptuer room

What am i gonna do with these fish???

Should i just leave the rest of the babies in the tanks??? selll this lot in a month then fish the others out??

I really dont want a big fry tank its not worth it for what you get for them and i cant bear to feed them to the turtle

:lol: wow nice buy!!!!!!!!!

nooo dont feed them to yyour turtle !

the best thing to do is let them grow up a bit maybe you should have a tank just for the fry if you can and feed them good food like daphina because they will like them :D:D:D

and they will grow up fast!!!

ive seen arron-bettas ones they are big for three weeks old!!

mine have had a slow start i have a couple of them in my breeding trap ,

still small but getting there,

Yeah, thats good aye, lol im thinking about getting another tank set up

if i get that far and many lol :lol: 8)