aaron11

:evil:

I tested the water in my communty tank

the ammonia was 0.5

nitirate is 0

and ph 6

I did a half water change today

and gravel clean and cleaned filters in bucket out of water from tank

I have one fish that is laying there dying what do I do with it???

Its a platy laying on its side

The rest look ok

I dont want them to die

Its my fault I have been over feeding again twice daily

Is there a measure i can get say like a 1/4 teasoon so i dont over feed?

Also i set up a new tank today and transfered all the water to it etc

I have the old filter in there going, is it ok to have the one on the top running as well this is the filter that came with the tank

Thanks in advance

Ps i dont have a test kitt my ran out will it be ok if i ask someone to test it again in a few days?

thanks adodge i promise i will do them on saturday and half the water is that ok

how are the baby guppies

Ps the guppies have a 90 litre tank in my room now

how many can i keep in there???

NOW your an expert, how much should i feed daily half a table spoon less or more?

and 3 times a week for the bottom feeders??

I lost 2 plays the rest are ok including your fighter i would be so uspet if he died

not going to discuss the guppies.

I transferred them all to the biology lab and the next morning .......!!!!!

Guppies - as much as they can gobble up in about 1 minute.

Bottom feeders - depends on how many there are. they should be able to clean up the guppies left overs as well.

Do you have plants in there? Sometimes that helps. Also you may need to get a bigger filter depending on what size it is. Most bottom dwellers (plecos mainly) create more mess than they actually clean up so maybe if you have some in you tank they're not helping. Also reduce feeding and if tyou have live plants they create food and the fish can eat them if they're hungry.

cam both my tanks are heavly platned I have indian ferns galore honesty there must be at least 30 of them

they just keep growing

My tank with the ammonia prob is about 60 litres or more its a jebo half circle

It has 2 small aqua one second hand filters this is the one i have the ammonia problems with

So i will get a 1200 ltr an hour filter that should help aye

The guppy tank has a filter in the hood and also at the moment i have the fluval in there as i just set the tank up transfered everything over

Adodge can you answer me email I dont know what you mean by the guppies were they no good??

All mine are ok or was it coz there was snails in there i did telll you about them

One of my main concerns with fish keeping (not knowing much about ALOT of other things involved) was how do I know how much to feed them. Well, that fear is over.

First, (because I read it in a book I think) I used to feed the fish whatever they could eat within 5 minutes and no feeding on Sundays, yep used to time it! Then it was 2 feedings a day (except on Sundays) what they could eat in 2 minutes, yep timed that too!

NOW, the get fed once a day (mostly every second day) for about 2 minutes (just count in my head). Keep up with my water changes, and everything seems to be fine. I was a tad nervous at first to reduce to every second day. But the fish don't seem to be suffering any ill effects so I'm hoping this indicates they are getting enough!

Caper

thanks caper

I have cut down to one small feeding a day and then i will miss a day out here and there

They are so hungry now lol but im not falling into that trap

I had the water tested again and its fine i am going to be careful

and clean tanks every saturday

its a bit daunting when you have four but if you do them as you go its not so bad

thanks caper

I have cut down to one small feeding a day and then i will miss a day out here and there

They are so hungry now lol but im not falling into that trap

I had the water tested again and its fine i am going to be careful

and clean tanks every saturday

its a bit daunting when you have four but if you do them as you go its not so bad

Don't worry, they're not actually hungry. If they're hungry you'll see them eating at plants, algae, suction cups and each other. They just act it because usually you feel sorry for them and feed them!

Good job cutting down the feeding, it'll deal with your ammonia pretty quickly.

Ls smith they are all happy and i only give a pinch and feed bottom feeders 3 times a week

Say if i feed them dried worms one day thats there food for the day???

I just brought a new tank i think i need a good slap thats 4 mind you my power was only 109 dollars this month and I use 2 comptuers watch heaps of movies something always on stay up late bla bla

hehe

And caper oh thats what it is

Now i have about 40 baby guppies to find homes for again grrr

This time I am keeping them till they are bigger hehe

• 2 weeks later...