Palmy People Email List?

Stella

I have been thinking it would be handy to have an email list for palmy people (since we don't have a club and it is unlikely to happen).

That was we can get in contact easily if something breaks and we need help urgently, have fish to trade, want to plan a meet or similar. Not a message board or yahoogroup(etc) but a simple email list.

Anyone know how to set one up?

i would like to be added , i live in taranaki and out in the country , i find it hard to get people to verify breedings etc

and the taranaki club is in recess

Maybe we can start a taranaki one stimpy would be good to meet you.

Welcome to Google Groups

http://groups.google.com/googlegroups/overview.html

Google Groups is all about helping users connect with people, access information, and communicate effectively over email and on the web. Now there's a new version on the block. We didn't want to say it, but yes, it's new and improved.

It's got a new look, and there are a lot of great new features. If you're already a Google Groups user, we think you'll like it. Just sign in – all your groups are already there, just waiting for you. If you haven't tried Google Groups yet, why not search, join or create a group? Or better yet, do all three.

No need to "start" a Taranaki club Muzz as it is already there - albeit in recess. All they need is new blood to re-enthuse them and they will be up and running again I am sure. :bounce:

Thanks Caryl, I see that there is a contact here now, so will have to get in touch with them.

oh its just a good way to run a listserv that people can add themselves to without needing much work by a moderator.

yes, I *think* that is the sort of thing I had in mind.

People can just add themselves to it, and you can then send an email to the whole group, right?

Can members somehow look through the list to find an individual member's email address or similar?

Sounds like minimal work :D

Much though I want to see this happen, I am utterly snowed under at the moment so I can't do this.

A spreadsheet would be handy, as you could include people's interests etc, but requires someone to take charge of it and update it.

yes, I *think* that is the sort of thing I had in mind.

People can just add themselves to it, and you can then send an email to the whole group, right?

Can members somehow look through the list to find an individual member's email address or similar?

Sounds like minimal work :D

Much though I want to see this happen, I am utterly snowed under at the moment so I can't do this.

A spreadsheet would be handy, as you could include people's interests etc, but requires someone to take charge of it and update it.

Phil has taken care of the Wanganui one, he emails with an updated spread sheet and contact list when new people join (obviously asks for permission) and sends regular updates, it is upto members to introduce themselves etc. I am unsure how much work it is for Phil but don't think too much just add a new email to the group and update the spreadsheet?

Main advantage I can see is you have access to a bunch of local fish keepers in case you want to get in touch with anyone or need any help or arrange anything.. And you don't have the hassle or politics involved with actually running a club Phil has done a great job :)

• 1 month later...

If any one from Manawatu or Rangitikei‎ would like to be added to an email list let me know.

Don’t PM please, Email me [email protected] with contact details and I will send out a basic form so you can chose what details you would like published to other locals and hopefully we can grow the hobby in the region.

Probably should also add Horowhenua also :-).

Might ask and see if we can add some of the Wanganui guys as well.