Can you put a baby bearded dragon with a 1 year old???

Gloss 73

Hi there, Can anyone tell me if you can put a baby bearded dragon in with a almost 1 year old bearded dragon?? We had a major tragic accident with one of my dragons. Lizzy decided to burrow under the basking rock and got stuck! I came in and pulled her out but she was dead :( I gave her mouth to mouth and shocked her under cold water and she started breathing again!!! But she died 2 days later very sad day in our family. So that is why I want to introduce another dragon as the other one hasn't been the same since lizzy died!!! Please help me

would not advise it unless they are of similar dimensions?They are fine on their own and more often than not better off,no competing for food,basking spots etc etc.People put all these human emotions onto them but in the wild they are solitary apart from mating,when the babies hatch they go off in separate directions,they don`t hang around in little groups.if your really worried just put a mirror in there ,he won`t know the difference.

Hi there, Can anyone tell me if you can put a baby dragon in with a almost 1 year old dragon?? We had a major tragic accident with one of my dragons. Lizzy decided to burrow under the basking rock and got stuck! I came in and pulled her out but she was dead :( I gave her mouth to mouth and shocked her under cold water and she started breathing again!!! But she died 2 days later very sad day in our family. So that is why I want to introduce another dragon as the other one hasn't been the same since lizzy died!!! Please help me

Sorry to hear about Lizzy. Must have been awful for you all. :( Good on you for the effort you made to save her tho. Hope your other dragon adjusts to being on his own soon. Reptos idea of a mirror sounds like a good one :)

would not advise it unless they are of similar dimensions?They are fine on their own and more often than not better off,no competing for food,basking spots etc etc.People put all these human emotions onto them but in the wild they are solitary apart from mating,when the babies hatch they go off in separate directions,they don`t hang around in little groups.if your really worried just put a mirror in there ,he won`t know the difference.

Thanks for your advise!!! You are so right, we do think of them with our own emotions!! Don't feel so bad now leaving sam the beardy on his own. I will try the mirror option as well! So please I found this site, have been flying by the seat of my pants as I don't know anyone else with bearded dragons to ask questions.

Sorry to hear about Lizzy. Must have been awful for you all. :( Good on you for the effort you made to save her tho. Hope your other dragon adjusts to being on his own soon. Reptos idea of a mirror sounds like a good one :)

Thanks for that!!! :lol: Yes Reptos idea is a goodie! I'm going try it tomorrow!