Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Snails

Featured Replies

I have a problem with them again.

I have a gruop of clowns loachs in a couple of tanks that are doing a great job but...

What else can I use to control them before resorting to chemicals, I have tried the snail traps but I only managed to trap guppies.

Grab them up, put them in a container, and post them to me!!!!!!

What sort of snails are they, because if they're ramshorns or pond snails, I seriously want them.

What I do which has depleted all of my snails is each time I see one, I grab it out of the tank. Get most of them out when you're doing a big clean, then when you see them up near the edge, just pick them off. It's labour intensive, but it sure does work.

Another factor that allows your snail population bloom is too much food available to them.

You could try reducing feeding your fish twice a week and your snails won't breed as prolifically.

Worked for me.

Silverwolf, if you have clown loaches, surely you can't have snails?! My loaches will hunt doiwn the snails wherever they are hiding and gobble them up. At one stage I had another tank just for breeding snails to feed to my loaches.

If the snails are in a different tank to the loaches, perhaps you could put a loach in there for a short holiday? He will come home fat and happy! :lol:

  • Author

yep the loach tanks are snail free but thats only 2 out of the 20 odd I have. It got out of hand when some helpful folks moved some weed around

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.