replacement for zealandia grass

Andrew_W

Well my zealandia grass was a massive failure, and most of it has come out or been pulled out...I think clown loaches have made little roads through it, although its got worse since the discus moved in.

So what can I replace it with, It needs to be quite low growing, cause the fish dont have that much room as it is, and needs to cover a fairly larger area, I guess it needs to have a good rooting system, so they cant be pulled out so easy.

I have some chain swords, and I think some other plants that look like chain sword that accidentally got in there. In my head the image of the tank is have a low growing carpeting plant, in the foreground and open space, which then went to chain sword as a boarder where the bits of drift wood start, and then get into the larger plants.

hmm that looks promising, hard to tell from pics though...I'll see if I can get some.

Have hair grass in my other tank, can't say i'm the biggest fan.

I have thought about those small crypts, but coving pretty much half my tank with it might get a bit pricey.

Have hair grass in my other tank, can't say i'm the biggest fan.

I agree, it didn't grow the way I imagined and my discus managed to pull out the hair grass as well. I'm wondering about dwarf chain sword (not sure if thats the right name for it),

Bebo works to. Yeah that stuff would be great.

ps. nice pic of you deep throating you bird. :lol:

Ps. I was just looking at my clown loachs lying on there sides spooning

that sounds horrible, lol. he shoved his head in there.

next time i prune my tank, i can send you some. (you're 2 days too late - just removed a bunch or 10; 2 days ago).

can send you some ludwigia too if you like.

PS - i didnt know i had recent pics of my tank on there :o

i don't know what u were looking at before lol.

Rusty is not allowed on the tank now unless i'm there cause once he fell in it when i was doing a water change and then he pooped on the angel fish's face. I don't think the aro would resist a tongue wiggling in the water.