ow many golden bell frogs can a 60X45X45 tank hold

Elaine

Hi everyone. can you help. looking at enlarging my sons tank. he has three golden bells at the moment. about 1 year old. has the opportunity to get a 60X45X45 terrarium with 5 6 month old golden bells would this work???? his tank at the moment is about 40 by 30 by 40.

cheers ...... :hail::hail::hail:

i have 2 southern bells in a 60x60X45 exoterra tank. putting more in would depend on there nature i guess there is plenty of room 4 them but wether they would fight, eat each other etc . if there are major size differences between the two lots of frogs consider the smaller 1s eaten

I wouldn't risk putting golden bells that much younger in with older ones. One of my golden bells ate another one and they were the same age, so the chance of cannibalism is greater with frogs which are younger and likely to be smaller. In my experience, it doesn't even matter if they are very well fed; if they get a chance to devour a passing tankmate, they will.

Hence why the 2 golden bells that I have at the moment are in their own separate Exoterra terrariums.

-nicola :)