Help with ID pls

rox

Here a couple of pics of our 2 new Gourami, sold as mates for Dwarf Honey. Inclined to believe they are both female as they are in the same tank as our Dwarf Honey male and he is not aggressive or enthralled. The front one is much more coloured than the back one, back one shows more blue.

gourami.jpg

gourami2.jpg

Will try for better photos tomorrow, any help appreciated, thanks.

Hi Paul thanks, I think you are right, here is one I took this morning. Will post one of the more paler of the two separate cos "she" was zipping around loving the camera, as I said a lot paler.

gourami-all1.jpg

gourami-honey-and.jpg

At least if they are a pair then thats a start, we were bought them as female dwarf honey and got a deal for taking the two as the males had already been snapped up. Is the a Honey a male?

Hi Paul, thanks well they still look very much alike, just one is much more coloured than the other. So looking at todays photos would you still say they are thick lipped? Bit of a shame cos we were trying to buy Honeys, now looking at the photo the Honey is a Honey male? We had a lovely pair of Dwarf Colbalts, first we lost the male and then the female, they were distinctively different, I suppose its harder to call in younger fish? Garry is looking at breeding fighters and really wants to do Dwarf Gourami as well so we will have to see how these develop. ta