PinGu Strain

cesarz

• 2 weeks later...
Paul,

I have three remaining four month old virgin Pingu females if you want them.

Hi Cesarz

That would be cool , i was just going to use young females from the strain he came from but your idea is better , thank you , can you bring them to the next club meeting ? Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Here is what Luke Roebuck of the US says about his pingu's he is selling for US$40 a pair:

This strain dates back to the late 1970's era when they were published in People magazine and sold for a record $200.00 a pair. Unfortunately, only a few were the top quality. Developed by David Liebman over a ten year period in the 70's, this guppy is a striking metallic half-pink color with a black to bronze belly. Alot of work was done to create this strain and many of the top guppy breeders best strains had been incorporated into the making of the Pingu. As a result the potential for making new strains from outcrossing the Pingus is infinite. This strain was basically lost in the USA for several years but thanks to our guppy friends at New England Fancy Guppy Association, some original stock was reobtained from an English breeder and the strain is now reestablished here in the USA.

According to my international guppy friends, it is very hard to obtain, but now we have it in NZ.

• 2 weeks later...

My x with a pure 1/2 black female are colouring up, I don't much like what I've got so far. There is a lot of blue/red tailed males.

Surprisingly I didn't get high bred vigour, are the 2 strains closely related cezars?

Think I'll just select the best female and breed back to my best pangu male and see what happens.

Should I just cull them or would there be interest for them?

My x with a pure 1/2 black female are colouring up, I don't much like what I've got so far. There is a lot of blue/red tailed males.

Surprisingly I didn't get high bred vigour, are the 2 strains closely related cezars?

Think I'll just select the best female and breed back to my best pangu male and see what happens.

Should I just cull them or would there be interest for them?

The Pingu male and the HalfBlack Black female that I gave you were not related at all.

Apparently, the Pingu should have two Pingu allelles (homozygous for pingu) for the Pingu to appear. So a cross of the daughters with the Pingu Male will do the trick.

I will be interested as I havent done that cross yet.

Mate, you were only kicking ya self, that sounded like something really special!!

I think that as this mutation is homozygous it will appear again in someones tanks.

reaally!!? damn it lol

Will try to track more down it was awesome Im so guttered. I hate to say but my girlfriend told me it will shock n die so when I told her she rubbed salt into the wound :oops: :lol:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...