My Altolamprologus

boban_nz

lol Dreams are free Nav :)

The good thing is these fish have been spawned, hopefully I am somewhere on the list as it stands, either way its good news these have been spawned and will hopefully be spread around to be made available to plenty of others in the future :)

Apparently although they take a long time to grow and mature once they do start they produce alot of babies so hopefully there will be plenty to go around from whoever has spawned these.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bond may have been easy but he was never cheap and he certainly is easy on the eye at the moment. Bit like those two girls in the Chuck TV program...cant beleave the bruntte is evil. Or that they killed Donna off in True Blood...now she was cute with a captial everything.

Anyway as I said

Now someone has spawned the alto calvus...and goodness knows how they got here.... all I would need to make my day is for someone to say ahh here you go heres a couple of dozen for you to grow out ...oh and by the way you are first line line for those pesky gold heads as well, darn things. I just cant seem to get them to stop breeding.

Only Boring people get bored I am told so in that case ...yup pick me

lol

Nav

Darn, now i dont need to watch True Blood that i RECORDED yesterday to watch today :evil: :evil: :roll: :roll:

Just need to state the fish are Altolamprologus compressiceps Not Calvis :bow: :roll:

R u sure. I would put money on them being calvus.

Oh, if looking to breed them. Try & find some barnacle shells. Its what I used. I found standard shells can be risky, females can get chased up inside & get stuck.

I hope you breed them, if ya want any tips, I can link ya a couple of good sights & pass on some advice. I went through a little bit of an alto stage for a few years.

Frenchy :D

lol Frenchy.. Initially I thought that Johannes was posting in this thread to say that they had brought and bred these calvus, but then someone mentioned they were fry from a pair another forum member sold that I thought were comps, and then I thought about this list and about Navs 1" of fish each in 2037 and then I realised I was thinking about it too much :) lol Good news either way :)

We have the Fish in the first picture they are Calvis they have not bred yet :lol: I have had to save them from a branical shell just yesterday :evil: Shell is in a hundred bits :roll: :o fish are okay ( was so stressfull :cry::x )

fish029.jpg

Yes there are Alto comp fry they belong to a close friend whom I convinced to buy the Altos from A Proficy at a hell of a price :x:o He has 5 and all three females are breeding with the dominant male. The sub male is just part of the furniture !

R u sure. I would put money on them being calvus.

Oh, if looking to breed them. Try & find some barnacle shells. Its what I used. I found standard shells can be risky, females can get chased up inside & get stuck.

I hope you breed them, if ya want any tips, I can link ya a couple of good sights & pass on some advice. I went through a little bit of an alto stage for a few years.

Frenchy :D

Any info would be nice thanks :bow: Just growing them at the stage not to conerned to get them to breed yet they are only 4-5.5cm now :wink:

Yes there are Alto comp fry they belong to a close friend whom I convinced to buy the Altos from A Proficy at a hell of a price :x:o He has 5 and all three females are breeding with the dominant male. The sub male is just part of the furniture !

I thought it was quite a reasonable price for a "rare" fish in which they had been bred? :roll:

At the price juvi's have been going for lately I'd say anything under four figures would be a bargain given the protential to produce fry...

At least they've gone to a good home, maybe by the time they're wide-spread enough for me to actually be able to afford them I'll be able to set up a tank for them.... :lol:

At the price juvi's have been going for lately I'd say anything under four figures would be a bargain given the protential to produce fry...

Lol, but thats not necessarily the point :wink: And after all, theres no guarantee of success either - lots of variables that could contribute to failure.

Considering what he paid I bet fry will not cost peanuts!! :roll:

And the first few batches, thats probably fair enough. From the angle of breed perpetuation, they should probably be sold, as priority, in breeding groups at a cost in proportion to the original investment, in such a way to make an ongoing positive contribution to the original breeders program. Eventually there will be sufficient numbers, with prices coming down as supply increases, until the breed meets demand at a price affordable by most. (In my cotton lined ideal world anyway, lol).