hi ya ammonia problem again

aaron11

Ammonia should be undetectable. Do a decent waterchange now and keep waterchanging each day until the readings are 0.

So filtration do you have? How long has the tank been set up? What maintenance regime do you have?

Every setup works differently. It is not just the fish and the hardware, but the maintenance, the feeding, everything is different, setup to setup. I don't see how a fish food company could guess how much food should be fed per day like that. Marketing ploy with potentially destructive results :evil:

The old rule of 'ONLY as much as they can eat in a few minutes' still reigns supreme.

But that still also depends on water maintenance. If you do infrequent waterchanges you should do infrequent feeding, and vice versa, or risk the water quality.

My ammonia level is 0, I just wondered how harmful 0.25 would be to a fish because I imagine it could creep to that quite easily. The fish gobble up all the granules that the 'click' dishes out within about 20 seconds. Literally. It's a resonably new set up, had the fish about 2 weeks (added gradually), with a Ehiem 2008 filter thats got a slice of my older filters media in it and I change about a bucket full every 2 days (tanks about 50l) and vacuum the gravel when it looks really filthy. The guppies are a bit newer but the same cleaning rules apply (they're in an AR380).

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found my gupppies are very messy but was told it could be my cat fish or my filter

I just brought a new 120 litre auqa one tank and stand its got the filter on the top so that will be better !

good on you for puttin old media in there, and i dunno i was told not to worry about 0.25 by some ppl my fish didnt die i lost one platty to something though and one cat fish with a tank with no ammonia

BUT my friend i have had 0.25 ammoia problems in my jebo tank !!!!!!!