no

they only eat the good algae

i have removed the Blue green stuff

it came off very easily

i discovered the problem

cos i over feed and dont vac the bottom well enough

wont happen again lol it was a new thing to me you see:D

the othre tanks dont have that problem

my royal is now sucking the crap out of wood and the walls of the tank for all the algae.... i fed it 1 algae disc today, its tiny so its fat and swollen lol

i used to vac once a week on the planted tank, and WC twidce a week

im increasing that to 2x vac and 1x WC a week.

and im also increasing my vac to 1x a week to my other aro tanks and 2x WC for the 1.5 red and the Jar tank.

cant wait to have my two 8 footers going! march or april next year!

getting the stands done by this engineering company, very reasonable.

also i like them cos when they are big, they LOOK big,

yeah thats what i thought, hence why i was hesitant when initially looking for plecs - but, after i saw an actual specimen, 5 cms only.... the colour was vivid, same supplier will provide the same type of specimen variant.

scarlet apparently comes in a couple of different variants.

the ones that are in right now are very coloufull.

the red extends to the base of tail and fins as opposed to just the tips of them

and they eat meat:D

Watch your scarlet with the tankmates to start off, as they are quite shy and retiring, particularly at juvinile size. the fact they eat meat doesn't correspond to the aggression level, your royal at the moment will be by far the most dominant. It will be a while before the scarlets here are of the size to be a problem.

There is an almost black variety as well, although L24 is the one which I'd really like colourwise.

I see that 2 x24cm scarlets were bred to a two foot tank in the last few weeks in Japan. That economy of scale for you.

no not yet

i jsut went to pick it up

doesnt look like the one in mt roskill HFF, but it jsut arrived int he original bag, so i was reluctant to take it.

the improter said its the same species and variation, and that trasport will change its colour and whne it settls it will start to get its true colours

so the HFF guys kindly agreed to let it settle in their tanks so i can see