[Filter Advice] Best Brands for Filters?

Servitude

I am looking at getting an external Canister filter, i have tried searching on which is good, and have not really had any good info besides where they are made.

At the moment i am deciding between the CF-1000 Aqua One, Crystal Flo 60, Ehiem Classic 2213. These are all within my budget of <$200 bought new at Hollywood Fish Farm.

anyone know a ranking of brands?

These are for the tank Aqua One AR-850, still not sure as to whether they will fit given the small hole at the bottom left of the top filter.

with the cf1000 you can get them on trade me new for around 110 - 130 but you can also get the cf1200 which is the 1200LPH new at 120 im sure that is the price i saw it.

There have been a few posts about "which brand is best"

Best

Ehiem

Fluval

Aqua one

jebo

Something like that

Thanks again cichlid7, you're the best!

Yeah i have seen the CF1000 for 133~, but that excls shipping, so total would equal close to what the shop sells which is sorta down the road. And that Aqua One being best value for money.

Currently, i have sights set on the Eheim Classic 2213 @ $171.

Is it a modular filter system?

Will have to do some research on whether the tubing will fit in the small gap, i should take a picture and post it.

I think you'd be way better off with the CF1200 than the Eheim 2213. It's rated at almost triple the flow of the 2213, the 2213 is more for tanks about half the size of yours.

thanks for that, i will definately check up on it, just not sure if the tubing will fit where i want it too. do you know the diameter of the tubing/

Cheers for that, im assuming its 20.85 per tube? I would have to look at a) either doing some modification to make it look more aestheically pleasing or b) pull out the stock filter and plug the tubes through some of the holes (i think they left for us incase we wanted a filter, except, the tubes would just stick out and look out of place).