Finally the nano is up (lots of pics)

phoenix44

• 2 weeks later...

ok so i listened to everyones advise, and redid the whole nano setup, and infact i got so caught up with setting up the tank again, I set up a whole new tank, lol.

so now have this nano and another cube - (18in by 18in by 18in).

sigh* the joys of fish keeping! :bounce: 8) :x:o

there is java fern in there somewhere! lol... 3 or 4 small bunches.

all at the back in the dark, cause ive never been able to grow the stuff and im hoping it picks up.

my "borneo sword" which is an outright lie (peace lilly) has given a flower too.. its all very exciting, lol... :bounce:

there is also a nice stalk of marble anubias. that seems happy so im hoping the java fern will be happy too.

no CO2..... yet... ha ha.. i think ill make one of those homemade ones tomorrow. only flourish, flora pride and plant gro, and laterite.

lighting is an 11W Red light. doesn't tell me what K.. but i think it will be a powerglo. i'd be happier with a flora glo but i doubt i can get them in this size and type of tube.

• 4 weeks later...

Just re:java. I have had it in my large tank since conception which was a couple of years ago. It's always survived and grown but it's a messy plant and seems to add a lot to the filter requirement (by it's nature). I would have thought in a such small tanks without much (policed) physical filtration imbalances would happen fairly quickly...

this tank has since been ..... erm... dismantled. lol..

have set up a nice cube instead which is much nicer i think. got threadfins and neons in that tank. will post some pics up sometime.

re filtraton - i will admit to attaching the fluval 405 to the tank once a week for about an hour, lol... that takes care of the normal hang on filter. lol

• 1 month later...