Google Street Maps

enzoom1

could come in handy for thieves to checkout streets before they hit... google is so helpful :P

Its not different to what they would see if thet drove down the street themselves.

I dont understand what the fuss is all about.

What are theives gonna do? "Ohhh look that house didnt close their front curtains on that day. that would be worth checking out"

Its not different to what they would see if thet drove down the street themselves.

I dont understand what the fuss is all about.

What are theives gonna do? "Ohhh look that house didnt close their front curtains on that day. that would be worth checking out"

In general I agree - no need for a fuss. But I have already seen two instances where people pereived a security risk, contacted google and they sorted it out very promptly.

First case was a guy who happened to be getting expensive camera equipment out of the back of his stationwagon when the google car went by. They have now blurred the contents of his stationwagon.

Another case was a guy who was getting ready to leave for a motorbike event and had a trailer with several high-spec bikes on it in his driveway. The bikes are usually kept well out of sight in a locked garage so again it was just coincidental timing. Apparently google completely removed the image of the house and everything around it so now there's just a blank space! LOL!

My house isn't on it, there isn't even a street view of any of the houses on our street. There is only the the main streets (highways) that run through our little town.

I did however see my workplace, turns out I was at work that day too. I can see my car in the carpark!

I googled my brothers house, turns out he's building a fence! :D