Pearl Gouramis

michael.qian

Saw some pearl gouramis and thought they'll be a nice addition to my tank, it's a bit short on numbers at the moment.

Anyone had experience with them? Are they prone to any thing in particular? I've googled them and they seem to be pretty easy to keep.

Below is a list of my fish, would they cause any problems? A bit worried about my columbian tetras, they are very fast and very good at stealing food from other fish's mouths, from what I've read pearl gouramis don't do well with fast swimming fish.

Cheers

Bought 2 pearl gouramis today.

Really nice looking fish with very good colours.

Seem to get along fine with the angels, they ignore each other just like every other type of fish.

A bit disappointed though to find they are top to top-middle dwellers, had the impression somehow they are bottom dwellers, what about your pearl gouramis? Do they always hang around near the top of the tank?

Cheers

Bought 2 pearl gouramis today.

Really nice looking fish with very good colours.

Seem to get along fine with the angels, they ignore each other just like every other type of fish.

A bit disappointed though to find they are top to top-middle dwellers, had the impression somehow they are bottom dwellers, what about your pearl gouramis? Do they always hang around near the top of the tank?

Cheers

Hahaha, What gave you the impression they were bottom dwellers? Just like all gouramis they tend to hang around the surface where the air is, just like puffadragon says.:)

They'll visit the bottom occasionally, but hang out mostly at the surface.