Sick New Bird

Gannet

Hi all.

my partner got a blue masked love bird from a very well knowing pet shop in aickland (not going to name names as that dosent fix anything)

any way we got the bird on tuesday afternoon and within 48 hours we have almost lost him, was told it was a young bird weened about 2-3weeks ago and living in an avairy with about 40 odd love birds.

we got home after and i thought he was dead on the floor of the cage (1st thing we do is check on our pets food water etc) partner picked him up and there was a little bit of movement so we rushed down to living art and he has told us every thing that we can do to try and save him. he was very VERY thin, we got him eating a bit of hand rasing mix and have now got him in a warm box in our bed room. its been so stress full and up seting.

hope he makes it threw the night.

will keep every one up to date.

Thanks living art.

Ive had birds all my life and in general stress is the biggest killer.

Warmth and company are the biggest "friends" to most young birds.

Dont forget that love birds are a comunity type of bird and being alone will be totally against what it feels in natural

a quick update

made a box into a little nest put it into our room with a heater on and made it nice and warm, he is still alive and looking better.

we spent about an hour just getting some food into him. was a long night of worry.

im going to ring the place that we got him from and talk to them today as well.

Dont forget that love birds are a comunity type of bird and being alone will be totally against what it feels in natural

thanks barrie.

forgot to say we have a few love birds so he isnt alone, atm there is 8 birds in the house 5 are love birds

correct barrie stress tips them over very quickly

this bird had no meat on its breastbone

well done getting it through the night :hail:

I have rung the shop today and got the same person who sold me the birds, she even remembers me and my partner, and they are sending a refund down to us, and were very very sorry and are going to check on all of the other birds from the same breeder.

after not a very good experince from them for my 1st time dealing with them i am still happy that they will continue to be a very very good shop in the furture and will happly deal with them again

AAA+++