Not sure what forum this should be under

jude

Just thought you might like to know - I set up the small fishtank for my 4 yr old grandson. Yesterday we took him to buy 2 platies and he was as proud as punch. We took them home and he put them in the tank and fed them. His mother said he watched them all night and couldn't stop talking about them.

This morning, he got up before his mother did and fed them again .............. 1 whole container of fish food and a packet of salt and vinegar chips!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She rang me in hysterics and I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. Apparently she couldn't even see the fish to catch and remove them.

The whole tank has now been dismantled, the gravel washed, the filter cleaned, new water, and the fish replaced. So far they still appear healthy.

LOL

Jude

hi i kown how u feel ive got a 6yr son and he has it to my tanks all the time all i do is take him to thew tank or tanks he been playing in and tell him y he cannot do that and make him help clean them up i find that it helps but it a listen he not work out untill one of his fish die and now he ask befor he feeds then lol and i keep all the feed up high so he cannot get to it .

bikiegirl :lol:

its better than the pint of beer! one of my hire tanks had a drunked guy put it in oh and none of the fish got drunk lol

i tell kids when they come in that the fish dont eat much and how would they like it if their mum or dad feed them lots and lots of food, most kids say sick , so they dont over feed them after that