Will they survive?

Hi guys,

I recently brought a male and female australe gold and a group of WCMM. I was just wondering if I heavily planted a tank with ambulia and cambomba (sp??) will any of the the killies and wcmm fry survive?

I had my killies (Epiplatys degati) in a tank with lots of plants and larger pebbles on the bottom and some of the fry survived ( ihad a total of about 4 survive, but my tank wasn't heavily planted and a few got cleaned out with my filter and when i pulled out the excess duckweed and riccia :(). The larger pebbles (like 3cm or so in diameter) meant there were gaps around the pebbles which allowed the fry and eggs to "hide" in. Then as they swam around they hid in the weeds. The only prob was the fry got sucked into the filter and then when the filter was cleaned the bubs came out. I also had duckweed and riccia (? is that what it is called its a floating plant) and java moss for them to hide in.

The killies absolutely adore live food - this includes fry and eggs. They may also pick on your WCMMs as when i put some young guppies in the tank with my killies they nipped their tails.