Enclosure and Reptile Display Case

FMcLaren

Basically just want to see what people think of my setup and allow people to put their reptiles and cages in the "Display Case"

This is my beautiful beardie Buddy:

CuteBuddy.jpg

he\she is starting to colour up nicely and being in a pale green cage is starting to look that way him\herself :D

His cage looks a bit empty and it is getting 2 new rocks and another piece of drift wood soon :D That cage is home made by dad and i, It opens flat to the back so if i decide to use a loose substrate later it will be easier to clean, also the glass is from TV cabinets :P Buddy is in his house right now which, as you may have noticed, is a cracker box for the time being.

DSCF1438.jpg

Well there you go, Post your cages and reptiles and allow the rest to complement (Hopefully) :D

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looks good, but i think it would be better with sand or somthing in there, or astro turf if you dont want sand :)

Heres my bluies cage i built, not happy with the iron on melimine edging so i will probably replace that with some half round wooden beading

img0805xe2.th.jpgthpix.gif(click to enlarge)

Heres one of dads in australia, sorry about the bad pic on the glass

has a colony of dwarf bearded dragons/blacksoil dragons

20070117pete0042mg1.th.jpgthpix.gif

And heres another of his for boyds rainforest dragons( again not a good pic sorry)

Its an old glass fronted shop fridge, how many lizards can you count in here?

20070117pete0037ta6.th.jpg

I would not put sand in there as its a baby beardy when its older then yes, but they have a habit of licking and eating things sand would cause blockage.

Astroturf of tiles if you want to add colour but it seems fine to me easy to clean :D

Only thing i would do is have the basking spot higher near the light carnt really tell from your photos

Yes hes getting new rocks soon :) I think hes a bit lonely in there all on his own occasionally he hops up right by the glass and starts rubbing it with his face, think he sees his refection, I will be getting another. I just want to know the gender of the one i have now... any ideas?

Yes hes getting new rocks soon :) I think hes a bit lonely in there all on his own occasionally he hops up right by the glass and starts rubbing it with his face, think he sees his refection, I will be getting another. I just want to know the gender of the one i have now... any ideas?

On older ones you can see the hemipenes through the skin at the base of the tail if you put pressure in the right spot, dont think you would want to do it to a young one though. Its not 100% accurate though and should only be done if you know what your doing. Also most males have red chins, but not til they are older and that isnt 100% either. Best way is to XRay but i dont know what vets would do it sorry

On older ones you can see the hemipenes through the skin at the base of the tail if you put pressure in the right spot, dont think you would want to do it to a young one though. Its not 100% accurate though and should only be done if you know what your doing. Also most males have red chins, but not til they are older and that isnt 100% either. Best way is to XRay but i dont know what vets would do it sorry

Cheers,

What i meant was any ideas on you to keep him content until he is older...

Thanks anyway.

DIY Mincie

concrete footings with wooden frames and square mesh

plastic rollup covers with zips and novalite roof

1/2" mesh floor with weedmatting then sand over that

alkathene pipe in sand just need solar water panels for the heating now

i love creating environments :wink:

last years pics

parkjan2006050tn7.jpg

reptilependu0.jpg