Anyone keep native eels?

Adrienne

On thing that is stopping me from getting another eel is the fact that they live so long. What happens if i cant have a eel anymore? Cant let it go. There would be limited people who would/could look after a eel the way we would.

Just a thought.

Would be nice to have a eel in my 220L tank...

Wonder if a human put something in the tank.

I know when i was at at school a science teacher had a gold fish, but someone decided to give it for HCL :( and it died.

The same thing happened once when i was at school except i stopped the idiot just before he went to put it.

also a week or 2 later someone else tipped the whole container of flake food into the tank and they thought it was funny and that the fish would be huge the next day. so i explained the them why it wasn't funny but he was still laughing

As I kid we had a couple of eels, don't know where we got them from, but these ones were about as long as a pencil. One was black and the other was bright red! I'd love to find out if it's possible to get a couple more tiny ones, they were cool.

Unfortunately they became carpet eels after a few months.