Angels with eggs

Bradz-Angels

Hi everyone

I (we) are new to this forum. we have a pair of Angel fish that have spawned 3 Times this time they haven't eaten the eggs. But as we are new to this, the eggs have been laid about 18hrs ago and now some of them are a white colour are these the good eggs or bad ones??

Can anyone let us no what happens next?

Thanks Brad & Renee

• 3 weeks later...

I also have angels with eggs.In fact I have had 3 sets of breeding pairs for 2 years now.I never seem to have any sucess with them.I have had young hatch to the swimming freely stage but mum and dad must have been hungry :( At this present time eggs where laid last night on a plastic cone,I have removed it to another tank, they are looking healthy and no white ones yet FINGERS CROSSED any tips from anyone would be most helpful :D

I also have angels with eggs.In fact I have had 3 sets of breeding pairs for 2 years now.I never seem to have any sucess with them.I have had young hatch to the swimming freely stage but mum and dad must have been hungry :( At this present time eggs where laid last night on a plastic cone,I have removed it to another tank, they are looking healthy and no white ones yet FINGERS CROSSED any tips from anyone would be most helpful :D

Read the link pegasus put in a couple of posts back, you will find it most helpful. It is important to have a constant flow of air around the eggs since there is now no male to fan them. Set up an airstone beneath them to gently waft bubbles over the eggs.

Hi Jan... welcome to the forums and the mysteries that our fish seem to create. :)

If the pairs you have at the mo have been breeding for two years, they should have managed to get it right by now.

How do you have your breeding tanks setup..?

Are there any distractions around the tank.. (people.. children.. other fish etc)..?

What are you feeding the adults... before... during... and after the spawning..?

What are you feeding the fry once hatched...?

• 3 weeks later...

If the eggs are on their own, try using methylene blue to prevent fungus. Don't use it in your main tank as it will kill the nitrifying bacteria on your filter.

"-Failed spawnings usually mean water conditions are not to their liking - they need soft, acid water and a slightly elevated temperature to be successful.

-Condition the pair well on live foods before attempting to breed them.

-Angelfish fry can be difficult to raise. If the eggs are removed from the parents (generally to stop them being eaten) the tank they are placed in should be treated with Methylene Blue to minimise fungusing."

(http://www.wetpetz.com/angelfish.htm).

If you move the eggs, move them to a pristine clean environment with a slightly elevated temparture as suggested and as a precaution I'd cover the tank with a towel to stop the light getting in causing fungus.

Hope this helps