wellington newbie

sean the prawn

Hi all first off just wanting to see if there are many marine keeping people in wellington?and second I am trying to sort out what gear I am going to need to start up a 400ish L marine tank,I am wanting to own a cowfish and some other small peaceful fish to go with the cowfish,

Would a reef octopus NW200 or a nw200 6540 be alright for this type of setup?What size does the sump have to be?

Would a weipro cc 120 with 4X 54watt T5 bulbs be good enough lighting for this type of set up?

What other gear do I need?

Sorry for all the silly questions but you guys on here have been awesome so farThanks alot for the help

NW200 would be fine for your tank i'm running an NW150 on my 400 and its fine, i have acros in there and they survive no problem so your tank should be fine depending on your stocking levels

Lighting will depend on what time of livestock you want, if its just fish then whatever lighting you want. If you want mushrooms, leathers then lighting that you have is fine, if you want acros then you'll need more lighting. i run 2 x 250W and 2 X 54W T5s. Fmxmatt has i think 8 T5s on his tank?

Hi, there are a few of us in Wellington and it's becoming a bit easier now we have some shops stocking stuff.

IMHO I would go for the custom tank 400l tank. There are a few reefers with stunning RSM tanks but you are fighting an up hill battle because the small water volume well make it difficult to get stale water parameters (which is key to success). Plus in the end you will be paying $1200 for just a tank, unless you are keeping just a clown fish and live rock you will need replace the skimmer and light, then add power heads for better water flow.

Decide what you want then go see Pete at port nicholson glass.

I've also got a tank for sale...with sump, skimmer, lights, live rock, and a few fish too, plus a super duper red banned shrimp....!!! Comes with a very cool looking remu cabinet....I listed it on here under "all you need to start a marine." Where have you come from?

I've also got a tank for sale...with sump, skimmer, lights, live rock, and a few fish too, plus a super duper red banned shrimp....!!! Comes with a very cool looking remu cabinet....I listed it on here under "all you need to start a marine." Where have you come from?

hey is this the one listed on tm,I was one of the people that asked how many litres it is.I would have loved to buy your set up but I am in wellington :cry:

Hi, there are a few of us in Wellington and it's becoming a bit easier now we have some shops stocking stuff.

IMHO I would go for the custom tank 400l tank. There are a few reefers with stunning RSM tanks but you are fighting an up hill battle because the small water volume well make it difficult to get stale water parameters (which is key to success). Plus in the end you will be paying $1200 for just a tank, unless you are keeping just a clown fish and live rock you will need replace the skimmer and light, then add power heads for better water flow.

Decide what you want then go see Pete at port nicholson glass.

I have already paid a visit to Pete at port Nicholsons glass but I really need to see some more setups (the only ones Ive seen are Animalz in petone and Hutt pets red sea max)Going to auckland tommorrow so will check out hollywood