What my workmates think of me

museeumchick

I sometimes have to wonder

they are gradually (one by one) discovering that i have a meal worm farm in my desk drawer.

there are often dead bugs in various states on my desk

I have frogs and a fishtank (with great pets = slimy driftwood) and a dead plant also on my desk.

i have just got a bunch of houseflies fro my frogs and since discovered they are too small and can fit out the mesh in the frog tank (= small flies everywhere) oops!

anyone else's workmates think theyre loopy?

My workmates thought I was nuts, but I made them redundant (it just sounds better that way) due to a lack of taste.

I am now seeking to hire a new employer who also has weird interests.

I set off home from Napier today with a bag of freshwater shrimp and a cup of locusts. All live.

Critter Geek, and proud of it.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

LOL @ Stella & museeumchick

So far the strangest live thing I have taken to work is some aquatic plants that lived in a bowl in my office until picked up. Even then people were very curious about them - I would hate to think how they would react if I started bring live bugs to work.

I work at the Te Manawa museeum, but share an office with no sciencey people (the other sciencey people are down the hall)

Currently the consensus on the frogs is cute, and some even agree with me, that the koura is cuter than the baby (on a visit to be coo'ed over).

what a great minagerie

need some whitebait next (the unfrittered kind)

some even agree with me, that the koura is cuter than the baby (on a visit to be coo'ed over).

What wonderful enlightened workmates you have! :) hard, crunchy, spikey things with a billion legs and moving parts are much cuter than babies! :wink:

need some whitebait next (the unfrittered kind)

Likewise. Desperately!

I have a friend with a whitebait net. Another friend has a car. (You met them on Sunday!)

Are you keen for another trip? ;)

What wonderful enlightened workmates you have! :) hard, crunchy, spikey things with a billion legs and moving parts are much cuter than babies! :wink:

Anything's cuter than a small, squishy squirmy foul smelling blob that feeds on human flesh and exudes toxic substances while making ear piercing noises.

Another trip? yep absoloutely!!!

how about this week sometime (during the day is good too)

am trying to go away for the weekend but it might not happen, so just let me know what suits and i shall see whats what.

Doing anything this arvo? work is soo super boring today (much waiting for people to get back to me with stuff, sigh).

I have southern bell frogs, they seem happy to eat anything that moves as much as or more than a meal worm.

I am using meal worms as an easay staple for their diet (they also get lotts of other bits as i find things, and biosuppliers locusts if i'm feeling generous).

although it seems i am a failure at meal worm farming, as my farm is rather pitiful production wise at the moment - i am working on it