It's a sad day

ancilla

:(

In the weekend I found out - Don't let the man of the house help in maintaining your siamese fighter.

I'm sure everyone here is well aware I dote (doted being the correct word now) on my Siamese Fighter. I realised in the weekend one of the fish (I think it was the glowlights) was chewing on his tail, so I put him in a small 15L tank until I had upsized the original with the intention of letting his tail grow out and making him healthy again. Sounds good so far right? Just to make him less depressed I put his best friend (the female fighter - Shirley) in and made his temporary new home nice and tidy with plants etc.

Jack got depressed and stressed about moving house - can anyone blame him???? So what happened??? Man of the House decided the heater should go up another degree or two in the hopes it would boost Jacks spirits and didn't realise he had in fact boosted the heater to a whooping 32 degrees.

I no longer have Jack yet Shirley survived. Now we have one man in the dog box, one beautiful fish that is but a memory and one cross yet sad housewife. I figured writing about it would make things easier and all it's done is make me wonder why the hell I got so attached to a fish in the first place.................

Moving on - anyone know where I can obtain a pink male fighter??? And the name Mick keeps coming to mind.............

heheheheheee Caryl - i like the way you think. Man of the house is currently pricing up a 4 footer for me - with stand and all accessories of course.........

He gets a guilt look on his face everytime i look sadly at my empty tank............