Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

My new beardie

Featured Replies

Me and my flatmate got our bearded dragons today!

They are about a week old and are so cute! They are in a tank made by greg which is 4 foot x 2 foot x 2 foot. My flatmate called hers puff and i called mine charizard.

DSC00948.jpg

Charizard.

DSC00949.jpg

Puff.

DSC00950.jpg

Charizard.

DSC00958.jpg

Puff on the tip of my thumb.

DSC00959.jpg

Puff

DSC00960.jpg

Charizard

And could charizard be showing signs of being a male??

Malebeardie-1.jpg

:lol: :bounce:

have you had these before and know what they need to eat at that size?if you haven`t and don`t have access to heaps of live food of the right size,I don`t like these lizards chances of living long?

  • Author

No I haven't had them before, but yes I do know what to feed them, and do look after them at work (nothing of this size though). I have a culture of mealworms going so have plenty of smaller meal worms I also have some wax moth larvae. I had a long chat to the breeder when I picked them up and this is what he feeds his babies.

Any other suggestions would be much appreciated.

go easy with the waxworms,they will get blocked up real quick.Also the mealworms at this age are suspect?The best thing to get is newly hatched locusts but better if you are setup for this yourself.Get a big net and run through long grass etc and you can catch alot of small gnats and fly type stuff,alot of small prey items are better than one or two big things if you get what I mean.I would refrain from handling them as well,they are pretty fragile at that age.I would never sell them to anyone so young personally.

  • Author

Cheers thanks for that.

Ok i'll hold off on the waxworms for now. What about wingless fruitflys as small prey? I can get them pretty easily.

Yea i don't plan on handling them for the first month or so.

cool, forgotten how small they are, didnt think breeders let them go that young, When I got mine was told by breeder not to feed em mealworms that young?

nice looking bds

mealworms ive read contradicting info like theyre fine for a staple for babies rite through to theyre a no no all round as hardly any goodness in them and the bds struggle to digest them.

but ive found them great in the past as never had enough crickets or locusts to go around, now got crickets almost sorted im feedn less mealies.

jst watch there poops if u feed heaps of mealies u will often end up with mealie soup up the walls of your tank, sum ppl say only feed the whiter mealworms or the ones that just shed there skin but each to there own.

the babies will eat earwigs to, slaters my youngster loves, my little rule with bugs from garden, catch today feed tomorrow, (has time to poop bad out),etc,,

i have baby locusts just pm me if interested in some

don`t know what this season`s price is yet? but saw them in the birdbarn recently for $400 each.I used to sell them for double that only 2yrs ago.There are alot that have been bred that are now breeding themselves so its the old supply and demand thing?its still alot of hard work to hatch and raise quality babies that means ones that are healthy,eating everything and still have all their appendages they came with(tails,toes,claws etc)other breeders will be more up with the play than me?

  • 1 month later...

who sells baby bds at aweek old as we breed them we do not sell them until they are eating greens then you no that they have more of a chance to survive

cool pics looking good

Yeah,

Buddy is starting to eat carrot now, when i wiggle it in front of him so im sure im on the right track :P, hard to see but he had a green shade to him its so cool!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.