Killer attack cat

sharronpaul

After having a $6000+ new greenhouse roof almost-ruined (leaking like a sieve anyway) in a matter of weeks because of roaming cats dancing on it I agree with Alan. Roaming cats are vermin, plain and simple.

And who ever said you could say the same about people is alro right, roaming teenagers are just as annoying... :wink:

And it is more than fair that anyone is allowed to pass their opinion of cats. just as we all do, however what I was suggesting is that an unhelpful and derogatory comment is probably not required on a thread where someone is asking for help as they obviously like cats.

If you have nothing nice to say.................... Im sure all our mothers can finish that sentence!

I have every respect for people who like cats, look after them properly and keep them confined to there own property. Most cat owners do not. If a dog did what this cat did it would be put down and there would be more talk about banning the breed. I just find it hard to follow the logic---shoot a dog and give a cat mind bending drugs. I apologise as my intention was not to offend someone obviously concerned about their pet but to try and understand the logic.

There are two things you can do:

The most important thing you could do is definitely get Snowballs fixed. Definitely - without a doubt, because this is most likely what is causing Rufus to become so viscious. As he still has his goods he is producing a lot more testosterone and so Rufus, sensing this, feels he has to man up to face the challenge.

And there is this product you can buy from your vets (not sure of the exact name) which you plug in to the wall and it sprays out the hormones that mother cats release when their kittens are young, thus calming them.

I have four cats, two of them hate one another but we only have the occasional tiff between them, they never take out on us (if they did they wouldn't be fed :P!). But seriously, just give it time, try getting Snowballs fixed or getting the spray and everything should work out fine

• 2 weeks later...

Things have settled down a bit because everybody is giving rugfus a wide bearth every time they see him. Snowballs is booked into get fixed have to ask Sharron when but I think it's early next week when I'm in auckland.

It is very hard to like a cat that attacks so forcefully but we're still trying!

Will keep everybody posted.

i have a female cat who was as nice as pie then came along another cat, well actually kitten, a wee black one. he was 4 weeks old and insisted on trying to maul my female cat. she was like 8 times his size. as he grew he got a little better but still hunting down my female and terrorising her. then we got the black cat fixed, that same day he came home, straight out of his cage and launched himself on to my poor female bengal. eventually he got better. they used to sleep together on the couch and even play together but sometimes they used to fight really bad, to the point where one of them would get injured.

what i guess im trying to say is give it time after snowball is fixed (the change doesnt happen instantly). Make sure that you try your best to pay equal attention to both cats, but when the other cat goes nuts and starts attacking you or yoor family, make sure you tell him off, they do sorta understand. he will get the jist soon and wont be an a$$. they will eventually live in harmony together! dont give up on them!

OMG lol I'm so glad my two came from the same litter! I have no problems with them at all. They even made friends with the cat next door.

And as for the comment that cats can't be trained... One of my boys fetches... and it's annoying you end up throwing his mouse 50 times a night.