Bloated

jc360

Yes you should be worried. I don't want to give bad advise, but this is called dropsy and there is no cure. I had a tetra who had it he got bigger n bigger for like 2 months then suddenly he pretty much exploded.

google dropsy see what you find.

Pros correct me if i'm wrong.

• 3 weeks later...

I would suggest, as a percaution, the next time you do a water change, add a small amount of Aquarium Salt to the tank - 1 Tbsp per 20 litres was the instructions I was given by a very knowledgeable petshop owner.

The salt helps with so many things and a small amount will not hurt your fish, even if he doesn't need it. Just be sure to try and dissolve most of it in a small amount of water first, before adding to the aquarium.

Do you feed your fish Peas? I think they're the absolute best food for your fish! I feed them to my fish once a week to give them a good clean out of their digestive tract, because all those flakes do cause constipation a lot of the time. The best thing to do is vary their diet as much as possible - feed wet (blood worm) and dry foods.

Peas are excellent for digestive problems and swim bladder irregularities. Once a week, I get a couple of frozen peas from the freezer, pour a small amount of boiling water into a bowl with them so they defrost, take off the skins and mash up the insides - then I feed to my fish, which they absolutely love.

Keep in touch.