Anyone here into mountain biking??

Hoody

Have got an Avanti Derelikt type two hardtail for all muck around fun, and a giant DH comp for downhill. also have another couple random bikes including a singlespeed and a kids bike.

Mainly ride in Rotorua, but summerhill too (papamoa hills)

EDIT: have got another VERY special frame coming too, cant say what it is yet though 8)

bro, when he said mountain-biking, I think he was talking the real type- XC, not the type where you get a lift to the top of the mountain, or spend your whole life jumping of/over things!

*groan* perhaps you should take up road riding or skiing with an attitude like that. Mountain biking is mountain biking, be it free riding, cross country racing, endurance trail riding, or just mucking around on jumps and structures. There is no "real" mountain biking.

FYI what is now known as mountain biking started with the likes of Joe Breeze and Gary Fisher doing downhill runs on gravel forestry roads on their "clunkers"....

:oops: you hit a nerve, its one thing that really irks me. Skiirs bagging snowboards, roadies bagging mountain bikers, downnhillers bagging xc riders etc (an all vice versa of course). Can't we just all show some love! :lol:

When I started riding most of the xc guys would race the downhill too (often on the same bike), there was only one person in the whole club who had front suspension.

wow! did'nt realise there was so many rider's on here?! Sweet!

Single speed= 8)

Vega's Billy T= 8)

SKAFFEN, Do you do much street riding? Should meet up for a ride one night!? Nothing serious, we normally just huck the uni, rose garden's ect.

P's, Anyone have a rear dirtjump/free ride wheel they wanna part with?? :lol: