Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Guppy Hermaphrodite?

Featured Replies

I'd heard of it happening in swordtails, but i was a bit surprised to see that my female guppy now has a males gonopodium :-?

There are about 50 females in the tank and only 2 males .

Will she/he eventually look like a male?

I managed to get a pic:

hermaphrodite_guppy_006.jpg

I've had this happen to my platys. I read if theres not enough males the dominent female turns into a male

  • Author

I've heard that too, but not specifically for guppys.

Shes definitly not the dominant female tho, theres 4 full grown females in the tank...

I'm hoping to get some more males.

I have read that in japan they've done a lot of work trying to create strains with xy females and "Super male" yy males to yeild males only (both xy and yy) this is done so that while people can buy males they cannot reproduce the same strain. However I think they use hormones to help with this. :x They did get the idea from nature however.

Kind of sits in the same category as the square watermelon to me. :roll:

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.