Things that make you go "hmmm"

mr pleco

Nice mate!

Never can have too many eh!

For those unaware this fish is now banned from export out of Brazil, so this is significant.

But you do continue too worry me with the title- as we have discussed.

L066 is 'King Tiger and there is no doubt that the adults you got from 'babyfish' were those.

http://www.planetcatfish.com/catelog/sp ... ies_id=174

L333- close but different, the size and head shape key indicators.

http://www.planetcatfish.com/catelog/sp ... es_id=1024

This is what you ID'd your fish as?

Taking nothing away from the breeding effort, the fact that these will be glorious fish no matter, but a it would be good to clarify for the future as there isn't actually a L333 king Tiger. This is the same in principal as the GBA cross BN discussion that was on another thread.

I still want some but. hah

Nice mate!

Never can have too many eh!

For those unaware this fish is now banned from export out of Brazil, so this is significant.

But you do continue too worry me with the title- as we have discussed.

L066 is 'King Tiger and there is no doubt that the adults you got from 'babyfish' were those.

http://www.planetcatfish.com/catelog/sp ... ies_id=174

L333- close but different, the size and head shape key indicators.

http://www.planetcatfish.com/catelog/sp ... es_id=1024

This is what you ID'd your fish as?

Taking nothing away from the breeding effort, the fact that these will be glorious fish no matter, but a it would be good to clarify for the future as there isn't actually a L333 king Tiger. This is the same in principal as the GBA cross BN discussion that was on another thread.

I still want some but. hah

i completely agree firenezenz after several hours of looking on planetcatfish these do in fact more resemble L066 than perhaps L333 but as always yr welcome to come and clarify as yr thoughts are always appreciated i would agrue however that babyfsh's pair are more like L333 than L066

apart from that im confident that these are king tiger just i should have posted L066 instead of L333 it was my understanding that both were originally listed as king tiger but with different L numbers i apologise for any confusion

on a side note babyfish's pair are still seperate from the breeding colony so i have no issue with crossbreeding as im confident the colony is of one species here is some photos of parents before breeding commenced note tail fin length size and patterning

L066 in nearly all images on PC have longer tails than L333

simonkids038.jpg

simonkids036.jpg

simonkids035.jpg

mr pleco

Sure and will do, been waiting for a sunny day so you'll have to give me a beer! - Can we agree that L066 is King Tiger, and L333 is different with no known common name- hence 'L333 King Tiger' is a problematic designation and could cause confusion or even hybridisation issues down the track. if we do have both species in NZ, then lets ensure it stays that way.

:)

Sure and will do, been waiting for a sunny day so you'll have to give me a beer! - Can we agree that L066 is King Tiger, and L333 is different with no known common name- hence 'L333 King Tiger' is a problematic designation and could cause confusion or even hybridisation issues down the track. if we do have both species in NZ, then lets ensure it stays that way.

:)

lol typical just bring some L136a when you arrive lol :D yes agreed Lo66 is king tiger and L333 is different and again i apologise heres hoping we do have both . 8)