Siamese Fighter VS Glass Cats

ancilla

I have a wonderful Siamese Fighter :D who I have learnt doesn't like neons. I transferred him to another tank over three weeks ago, added some albino corys then put in some glass cats. He seemed fine, no stress and carried on his normal gorgeous way until today, 5 days later I find out he's killed and pratically eaten one of my glass cats?!?!?

Hollywood Fish Farms told me glass cats we're the "friendliest" of fish, to get four of them so they school (which I did) and all they did was hide, coming out only in the dark.

Am i wrong in assuming my fighter has now decided he dislikes both neons and glass cats. Am I not feeding my fighter enough?

And last but not least - should i take the risk of buying another four glass cats (making 7 in total provided no more get chomped) in the hopes of making the fighter tow the line a bit??? (or could this just provide him with even more hunting/morbid play) :o

your fighter is a bad boy, they should be fine with glass cats, was the one that died looking sick because any fish will kill a sick fish.

glass cats are shy fish they do better in a school but are not out the front all the time they just sit in the school, mostly at the back of the tank.

Float him in a see-thru bottle by himself, in the tank.

Then he can get used to the others being in his vicinity,

and not feel challenged.

Release him after a couple of weeks and see if his behaviour has improved.

Alan

:D

Thanks heaps everyone for your help - just to keep you all up to date, last night I got the shock of my life!!!

My partner found a mossie and put it in the tank for my fighter to gobble up, play with, whatever he wished to do and would you believe, one of the glass cats came out and started nipping at my darling, butting him and generally being a nasty peice of work. :evil: My mind is made up - the nasty meany glass cats can be re-homed and my fighter can rest easy that in future, all mossie's will be his and his alone. Now I'm off to buy some more corys.............

ciao bellas