Fishing in Christchurch

Depends on what you want to catch.

A good days fun is to hire a charter like Mainland Fishing Adventures and go sea fishing...notthe cheapest but certainly more fish than you can shake a stick at.

If you wnat trout or salmon then you need a licence and some people even get a guide.

Waimak is in flood at moment so best talk to a local fishing club and go from there.

HTH

Navarre

You could venture around the Taylors mistake cliffs & throw a line out there, (if you dont mind the occasional snag). There is a few fish around,

in the summer i go snorkling along the cliffs with a spear, I occasionly get lucky but there pretty quick

Just walk around track on south side of taylors mistake (which leads to boulder bay). then just vere off track and find a nice spot, you can get right down to sea level, dont worry its not hard there are plenty of paths from the main track

what can you catch down that way yeahboy?

My wife is draggin me down to see the rellies over christmas and i usually use that time to chase kings out at the barrier or around coro or the far north. Maybe worthwhile bringing a rod down with me?

Sorry man i know nothing about types of fish around there, nothing spectacular like kings. I dont do much fishing just snorkling around and jumping off the cliff jumps for a bit of fun. theres always plenty of fisherman around.

Maybe someone with a bit more knowledge could shed some light.