Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
We’ve recently updated Aquarium World! We’re working through a few bugs, with exciting new features on the way. Thanks for your patience while we fine-tune the site.

Live Food Question

Featured Replies

If I was to breed guppies for the intention of selling them as live food to those who would want it, what problems could I run into other than the moral issue of breeding for food.

If I was to do this:

Who would be interested in purchasing them?

What would you expect to pay or be a reasonable price?

would you be prepared to ship at own risk(due to me being in wellington)?

The reason I ask this is that I would love to breed guppies but don't want to find myself stuck with lots of them and not be able to move them on.

Any other comments welcome.

"the moral issue of breeding for food"

Predatory fish eat other fish whats the moral issue its a simple fact of nature, Trust me its better to raise your own then buy them, At least you know where they come from and disease risk is minimalizd -Anne

  • Author

thanks for the replys, but what I would like to know is who would be interested in buying them and for how much, just trying to get a feel for whether or not to breed them.

I don't think there is a large demand for feeder guppies ballistic. Those with large carnivorous fishes may want them but only as an occasional treat rather than a daily diet.

I might be wrong though :wink:

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.