Red Lotus aka Nymphaea zenkeri

Pegasus

I now have a picture of the above.

Red%20Lotus.jpg

The picture is of a 3/4 shot of the tank, but was the best view of the plant in question.

It was obtained by the kind permission of David of Califofnia USA whom I am hoping may join our group in the near future.

Ammendment:

David, aka aspiringAlmano has indeed joined us. Welcome David.

Thanks Ira and Caryl for your assistance in posting this.

I was having a few probs :oops: :oops:

Bill.

Thanks Cees, I found the plant in question, but was still keen to know if there were any in NZ. I looked on the Plant survey before I posted the request.

Not quite sure what you mean here though,

making the plants survey incomplete

Are you saying that the plant survey won't be continuing? :(

My understanding ( http://www.fnzas.org.nz/plants.0.html ), but I could be wrong, was that the plant survey booklet was originally written to 'survey' what plants are available in New Zealand. It was first published in 1996 if I remember correctly and not changed/updated since.

The "plant survey online" has just started!!!

Here's an idea. If you have plant (in New Zealand) that's not in the 'survey online' than send me an email, photo with it would be great. If it's positively identified I will add it to the survey under a section 'new additions'. Then I will request to report 'other sightings' of that plant to get an idea about availablility etc etc

• 3 weeks later...

Last time I see that plant I was sent some from RedWoods Aquatics but this is many years ago now, I have not been able to track any down again easy any way I have been busy.

Will let you know if/when I get ahold of it again.

A few plants around here are not on the list cees sorry I dont have the time to add them to your data base at this time. feel free to browse my plant profiles and view them. No prob with you useing my pics if credit is given :wink: