Help redtail shark and clowns

tdj5

I have a red tail shark,if you give them another places like caves or pipes to go in it should not be a problem.Mine will chase the loaches if they go in her cave.but stops when she gets them away.She is fully grown.Mines a albino rainbow shark.What type is yours.If its a black red tail shark i have heard they can be nasty.Some times they are just establishing their territory and will settle down.

What size is the tank, and what shape? Both the clown loaches and the red tail shark establish their territory based on the base area of the tank, and they can both get quite big.

As mumzy said, make sure they all have plenty of places to hide - plants and 'soft furnishings' as well as caves and tunnels, just so they can get out of each others' sight-lines and ease off the aggro a bit.

I have a red tail shark,if you give them another places like caves or pipes to go in it should not be a problem.Mine will chase the loaches if they go in her cave.but stops when she gets them away.She is fully grown.Mines a albino rainbow shark.What type is yours.If its a black red tail shark i have heard they can be nasty.Some times they are just establishing their territory and will settle down.

was that my old one?

Mitzys hubby got them from Lower Hutt for me.They were only babies,one albino and one normal rainbow shark.If you are the one that had them in with your fancy gold fish.Yes :lol: They are beautiful.

hmm no maybe it was mitzy who took mine, pretty sure it was one of you two :)

hmm no maybe it was mitzy who took mine, pretty sure it was one of you two :)

I didn't i swear it werent me lol

I dont have any sharks apart from the ones mumzy has got, we got them from a lady that had them in with gold fish and they were nipping there tails and than was months ago as these are either full grown or near full grown :D

Maybe theres another one of me out there that took yours :lol: :lol:

hmm you sure t wasnt you lol? appartment on top of a carparking building in center of wellington? hmm who knows where that fishy went then lol

Pretty sure lol but if you want to give me some fishies just pm your addy :P :lol:

he is new to the tank and chasing the large clown loaches who are bigger than him they are all about 10-12cm why is he doing this, what can we do

red tail sharks are agro, always had probs when i had one, i'd trade it in