Gold Severums Lip locking Help help

mitzy

My Golds severums are lip locking and have been doing that on and off for the last 30 mins or so and Don't seem to want to stop is this normal for them to do this.

Once they lip lock he seems to drag her all over or the other way round.

I put food in there hoping that they would stop but nope not interested in food.

I am just a little concerned as his top lip is looking real red.

Should i remove one for time out.

They dont normally do this well they kiss or whatever every now and then but nothing like this, this really looks like they trying to suck each others lips off.

Thanks in advance

Yeah I have read that but theses are dragging each other over things and the males lips are red and i think hers might be but cant get a good look cause they keep lip locking.

I am sure they not meant to hurt each other

I put food in there

:o Okay, I know it's late (1:45 a.m.) but gee, I read this really fast and thought it said...I put foot in there :oops: :-? :-?

I hope your fishy will be okay Mitzy but I'm don't have any cichlids so I can't help you out, sorry :(

Caper

When I looked after Oscars they used to lip lock and worse I thought two males were trying to kill each other they had ripped lips and missing bits of fin and skin.... then they spawned! One was female after all. Sometimes what looks severe to us may just be a way for the girl to see if her bloke is really man enough! lol

Lip locking is perfectly fine mitzy :D It is normal that the lips can look a bit red afterwards or during the course of lip locking, as long as he isn't bashing her as such like tearing at her finnage or knocking her around then things should be fine and dandy :D

Lip locking is perfectly fine mitzy :D It is normal that the lips can look a bit red afterwards or during the course of lip locking, as long as he isn't bashing her as such like tearing at her finnage or knocking her around then things should be fine and dandy :D

Thanks for that, I was such in a panic as they were doing it for agers and draging each other all over the tank and so looked like they were gonna suck each others lips off lol

Should i put some salt in the water as there lips are real red and sore looking ?