Which filter? (sorrythis has been done heaps)

sorcha

Sorry this topic has probably been done to death!

I have a 500litre tank & looking at buying a 900litre tank also.

Was thinking of getting a 2400lph cannister filter for $210 that apparently does 800l for the 900l tank & something like a 1500lph one for the 500l tank or something similar, also will have an internal filter & air pump, possibly undergravel too.

Or what other options would be best? Sump etc. I don't know much about them. Just after some advice?

Prob be oscars,jack dempseys and a couple of others in the 500l and a big pacu in the 900l, thereabouts.

cheers :)

Which cannister are you thinking of? A CF2400? Probably should be a good filter. But, I'd go with two for the 900 and one for the 500. They'll both be very well filtered then, instead of marginally and commonality is good.:)

I'd suggest at least two of each for the fish you've mentioned. Otherwise you'll only be turning over the volume of the tank ~3 times per hour (at the peak flow under optimum conditions with as over-exaggerated by the manufacturer) which isnt enough for big messy fish like oscars and pacu.

here is a link to the parent companies website http://aleas.ec51.com/

tried googling for reviews etc but nothing available... not sure if its a step up or down from Jebao or similar products.

Not to hijack the thread but in searching for reviews etc about cannisters I saw people mention issues with the hoses Fuval cannisters come with... anyone able to comment on that?

hoses Fuval cannisters come with

I've owned a couple, never had any problems with hoses. They do tend to hold their shape though, so once the hose has been bent over the top of the tank for a while the hose will pretty much have a bend for ever.

I've owned a couple, never had any problems with hoses. They do tend to hold their shape though, so once the hose has been bent over the top of the tank for a while the hose will pretty much have a bend for ever.

Nothing a bit of hot water won't fix. They get all nice and floppy when you warm them up and do whatever you want.:)