Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

swordtail vs krib

Featured Replies

well found my female swordtail on the bottom of the tank, sitting there, missing its top fin and its tail fin... pretty sure it was my male krib, the swordtail had been looking skinny before this so am thinking the krib was just picking on the weak fish, ive put the sword into another tank, will she recover?

Hmm if she was already thin or possibly sick or weak she may not, only time will tell, good luck 8) Is she swimming around or is she just laying there, she might have also gone through a fair amount of shock also.

Hope she pulls through Vindy...keep us updated!

Do kribs normally not bother other fishies (knowing that each fish can be different!)?

Caper

Depends on the fish themselves. I've never owned an aggressive krib though, only time they get nippy is if other fish aren't respecting the authority and hang out right in front of them, or they're breeding.

I'd say the swordtail got sick, and slow, and krib probably went to have a nibble as it's an easy target. If he was picking on her, you would've seen it.

I'd expect the sword will pass on, but fresh water and a little salt may help her chances. Good luck!

  • Author
Depends on the fish themselves. I've never owned an aggressive krib though, only time they get nippy is if other fish aren't respecting the authority and hang out right in front of them, or they're breeding.

I'd say the swordtail got sick, and slow, and krib probably went to have a nibble as it's an easy target. If he was picking on her, you would've seen it.

I'd expect the sword will pass on, but fresh water and a little salt may help her chances. Good luck!

thanks,shes currently in a little tank with a plattie who got hit by the syphon hose :oops: with a bit of salt in the water, will see how things go

What do you have in your tank?

I've got 2 pairs of Kribs and some Swordtails in the tank as well and I've never had trouble with them fighting each other. Come to think about it, I've never really seen any aggression in my tank at all.

  • Author

in tank, black neons angel fish swordtail (only a boy now) platties SAE redspot plec kribs kising gourami and blue gourami rosy barbs and danios. the boy krib is the bully, always chasing other fish, do you think if i got another male krib he might settle down?

Hmm...never heard that term before :oops: :lol: Nonetheless I'm guessing it means he went to fishy heaven...sorry for your loss :(

Caper

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.