July 14, 200818 yr comment_251229 well found my female swordtail on the bottom of the tank, sitting there, missing its top fin and its tail fin... pretty sure it was my male krib, the swordtail had been looking skinny before this so am thinking the krib was just picking on the weak fish, ive put the sword into another tank, will she recover? Report
July 14, 200818 yr comment_251230 Hmm if she was already thin or possibly sick or weak she may not, only time will tell, good luck 8) Is she swimming around or is she just laying there, she might have also gone through a fair amount of shock also. Report
July 14, 200818 yr comment_251283 Hope she pulls through Vindy...keep us updated! Do kribs normally not bother other fishies (knowing that each fish can be different!)? Caper Report
July 14, 200818 yr comment_251299 Depends on the fish themselves. I've never owned an aggressive krib though, only time they get nippy is if other fish aren't respecting the authority and hang out right in front of them, or they're breeding. I'd say the swordtail got sick, and slow, and krib probably went to have a nibble as it's an easy target. If he was picking on her, you would've seen it. I'd expect the sword will pass on, but fresh water and a little salt may help her chances. Good luck! Report
July 14, 200818 yr Author comment_251304 Depends on the fish themselves. I've never owned an aggressive krib though, only time they get nippy is if other fish aren't respecting the authority and hang out right in front of them, or they're breeding. I'd say the swordtail got sick, and slow, and krib probably went to have a nibble as it's an easy target. If he was picking on her, you would've seen it. I'd expect the sword will pass on, but fresh water and a little salt may help her chances. Good luck! thanks,shes currently in a little tank with a plattie who got hit by the syphon hose :oops: with a bit of salt in the water, will see how things go Report
July 15, 200818 yr comment_251333 What do you have in your tank? I've got 2 pairs of Kribs and some Swordtails in the tank as well and I've never had trouble with them fighting each other. Come to think about it, I've never really seen any aggression in my tank at all. Report
July 15, 200818 yr Author comment_251351 in tank, black neons angel fish swordtail (only a boy now) platties SAE redspot plec kribs kising gourami and blue gourami rosy barbs and danios. the boy krib is the bully, always chasing other fish, do you think if i got another male krib he might settle down? Report
July 15, 200818 yr comment_251359 Hmm if you got another male Krib, you could end up with double trouble :lol: Report
July 17, 200818 yr comment_252033 Vindy...how's the swordtail doing? Thanks for the info SpidersWeb Caper Report
July 18, 200818 yr comment_252239 Hmm...never heard that term before :oops: :lol: Nonetheless I'm guessing it means he went to fishy heaven...sorry for your loss Caper Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.