July 14, 200818 yr comment_251057 how would you get rid of black bearded algae from tanks that have it grown on ornaments, plants, filters pebbles? Have been told flourish excel is a good remedy. Report
July 14, 200818 yr comment_251064 yep double dose flourish excel for a week or so + your plants grow alot quicker too :lol: Report
July 14, 200818 yr comment_251098 I use Flourish Excel and I use a syringe to squirt it onto the BB. In a couple of days it goes bright crimson as it dies. If you do a large water change (aboutr 50%) you can use the higher dose rate then on the following days use the regular rate and systematically go through the tank. In some ways its like weed spraying. Report
July 14, 200818 yr comment_251107 Sorry for the hijack but.... Is there anything else that will get rid of it? Report
July 14, 200818 yr comment_251128 Siamese Algae Eater, Crossocheilus siamensis. But be warned...I have heard that they get stroppy when big. http://www.aquahobby.com/gallery/e_sae.php Report
July 14, 200818 yr comment_251139 Are they ok with just one or are they a schooling (sp) fish? I don't think I have room for any more fish and I may have to get rid of some one in order to get them Report
July 14, 200818 yr comment_251144 Are they ok with just one or are they a schooling (sp) fish? Hi. I've copied and pasted this from the link in my post above...."The Siamese Algae Eater, (Crossocheilus siamensis) is an active and fast swimmer, which thrives best in schools but can also be kept alone or in pairs." I have a 7-8cm one going solo in my 200 litre planted tank. He/she seems just fine on its own. HTH Report
July 14, 200818 yr comment_251145 Awesome, thanks Obviously didn't read properly. Now to see if I can find one up her, I haven't seen any in the LFS Report
July 14, 200818 yr comment_251146 Try posting in 'Private Trade and Exchange'. Someone may know where to get one. Report
July 28, 200818 yr comment_254146 Flourish excell works great, be careful with the SAE as once the algae is gone they may like your plants (JAVA MOSS) in my case. Report
July 28, 200818 yr comment_254170 I found an SAE and I swear it is the best fish I have ever bought!! He is a one man super clean up crew lol! and fun to watch too :lol: Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.