LM Eddie Bowen in hospital

Caryl

I am sorry to annouce that our FNZAS Life Member, Eddie Bowen, has had a major stroke and is in ChCh Hospital. His family reports that he is able to talk, is alert, and recognises people but probably will be unable to walk again.

If anyone wishes to send him a card, please send it to his home address (in the YB) or look up the address for ChCh Hospital in the White Pages. It is hoped he will be moved to The Pincess Margaret Hospital later in the week for rehab.

Attendees at conference all know Eddie as he has long been a keen participant, despite deteriorating health.

Here he is with his ice cream...

P1060572.jpg

along with fellow LM John Eastwood.

If anyone wishes to send best wishes here I will print them out and take them with me tomorrow

Oh I am so sorry to hear this :( He is a hard case and such a character :D and I am just so glad to hear that he is alert and able to talk and recognise his loved ones..

My condolences to his family... and a heap of "get well" vibes sent Eddies way :bow:

I think I might make him a big Get Well card (A4 size) and cut and paste everyone's messages on it so get posting Eddie friends as we leave tomorrow so the card will be finished off tonight!

Luckily he had cataract surgery last week so his vision has vastly improved since.

I popped in to see Eddie on Saturday afternoon. He was jabbering away merrily! Gave him a small bunch of flowers and a card demanding that he get well quickly and best wishes and all that.

That is great news about the eye surgury! I didn't know about that! :bounce:

Hi All.

It is a sad thing that I have only just read this post. :cry:

I have personally known Eddie for about thirty years from when he lived in Granity, and worked for the "Railways". :hail:

He had Goldfish back then and had his ponds in the garden and front lawn, even a few "Goldies" inside in the bath.

He was also picked upa nd taken home every month by me to attend the meetings of the "BULLER AQUARIUM CLUB" in Westport.

Since I am so close to him, it is a very sad affair indeed to read that this has happened to him.

I hope that he is being cared for well and visited by all those who are able to.

I will definitely be calling in on my next trip to christchurch.

As an aside:........

It may also astound you to know that the "BULLER AQUARIUM CLUB" is another "CLUB" that I was instrumental in starting.

Over the years it has disappeared but I defy anybody to get it going again as there is certainly the numbers in Westport that keep fish.

:bow:

Hi All.

Since New Zealand stops just south of "Woks" residence, I will tell all of you that don't know, where Buller is. :roll:

Buller is an area of the west coast of the "Mainland" which incorporates Reefton, Westport, Inungahua, Berlins and Lyell. :wink:

It is renowned for the quality "WHITEBAIT" which come from the region.

:bow:

Wow, what a great guy. I've hung out with Eddie at two conferences now and he's a good guy and a nice bloke. Truly a character with a good bunch of friends in the fish circle that love him dearly. It's always sad to hear about someone being afflicted with a stroke but it's good to hear that his mental faculties aren't very affected. We wish him the best with a speedy recovery and hope to see him at next years conference in the Coromandel, even if it means pushing a wheelchair through the dunes for him!

Best wishes mate, and god bless.