Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bristle noses

Featured Replies

My bristle nose lay bright orange eggs, how ever if the eggs are infertile the quickly go yellow like the yolk of a hard boiled egg.

I had the experience some years ago when I got a dozen bristle nose from interstate with the intention of getting some "new blood" into my line. I put the new males with some of my females, and the new females with my males. Two years of trying and no eggs so dumped all the fish in a five footer. They sorted themselves out and eggs every where. The only difference I could determine between the fish I got from south and mine was different coloured eggs. The fish looked almost identicle to me but they would not cross breed. The southern fish laid eggs that were paler with a greenish /yellow tinge to them.

This experience makes doubt a lot of the claims that cross bred ancistrus are being offered for sale.

Alan

This experience makes doubt a lot of the claims that cross bred ancistrus are being offered for sale.

Alan

I'd respectfully like to disagree, Alan...I recently had a spawn between what look's like two different BN's(possibly LDA72, and Ancistrus sp.3) and as the fry have been growing, I clearly have two different types of fry<---one type which is solid dark brown, and the other type which is a much lighter color with stripes on the tail...

david

boys boys orange is a shade of yellow :lol:

if the eggs are in a clump then they will be b/n's :D and thats great!!!!

so kribkrazy how are the babies?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.