What are we ?

LoGaN

I would love some of them!!!, though Sciaenochromis ahli are they not more flat bodied and have a white stripe wich runs till its nose? My guess would be more Blue Aulonocara? I also find it strange that three full Colored males are living hapily together, are you using colour enhancer?

They are beauty's are any for sale? :roll:

Sorry none are for sale, also i dont use colour inhancer and they never fight each other at all, they only fight with the blue zebras which are more of a pinky blue strange i thought. I would really love to get some females for these guys i think theyd apreciate it and it would be wonderful to breed them.

That could be the reason why not fighting, throw in a female (2+ needed) it will be a different story. The females are brown and dull and you gonna need adult ones, they have quite big broods, I had as many as seventy from an adult female, what are you feeding them?

Hmm i feed them spiralina flakes, community tropicals flakes, shrimp pellets and floating cichlid pellet. Im in a bit of a delema though because the place that i bought them from has stopped ordering from the place they got them so i have no place to get more from :cry: know any breeders ? :lol:

spiralina flakes thats doing the trick! Watch out for some colour Enhances no matter what other people say, Ive experienced it messing with the fishes hormones, they become infertile among other. It was used in South Africa by breeders and shopkeepers to stop malawi breeding and to keep sales up!

I will ask around. Seems as if there's a general dip in Malawi imports but if I can get someone to Quarintine (RIGHT PRICE) I am planning to ship some stock for breeding purposes, I might take a trip to Africa later in the year! So if I can get past MAF and all the other red tape! we might be in business. Its all about patience! :wink:

Wow i didnt know that about colour inhancers well im lucky i havnt used them cause i was thinking of trying one. and i know what you mean about the lack of Malawis there is not much choise for cichlids around here let alone Malawis if you want them you order but there isnt much choise so i just get mine from out of town now.

Sorry then, I must defnitely have my species wrong. cause mine being a peacock (red varient) were ruthless. one male always dominated even with 6 females! I made the mistake of feeding him a house fly and he died few days later, lucky for me one of the females was a hidden male and got its colours, thought they only get colours when dominant.

Cool!! Fry for sale hee hee only joking, I unfortunately hav'nt got photo's but I got one up!! A video of them breeding!! As well as my interesting collection of Gadanga's(25cm) not sure there scientific name! I am moving to a bigger place so that I can enjoy my hobby to the MAX!! but will defnitly be at the North Shore meeting this Tuesday!!!

• 1 month later...