Yay more babies!

krantan1

Came home today to find that my angels have layed more eggs!!!!! These are on the filter (again!) so will have to leave there for now. Might leave them in with the parents when they are hatched too and see what happens untill I have another fry tank setup.

Thats all :)

when i had angels they constantly layed there. if you want them to lay elsewhere put mesh or netting around the filter, i used rubber bands to hold it there & hang something smooth & solid for them to lay on so you can remove it.

So from the comments I take it they won't survive being that close to the filter :oops: :-? ?

They might, quite a few would end up inside the filter though being that close to the inlet. Not too bad as they laid on the side.

You'll find they love green things. In the wild I beleive they lay on large leaves? Usually in my tanks the most stable smooth surface is the filter intakes. So what I do now is use suction cups to attach unused plastic pipe to the sides of the tank. Without fail they lay on these now (so far 4 of my 5 breeding pairs, and the 5th is cleaning one now). They're easily removable, and you can place them where it's safe for eggs to be if you want the parents to raise them.

I got tired of having to swap my intake tube once a week. (Angels can breed within about 10 days of the last eggs being laid, and when you have 4 pairs in a tank :roll: )

Ok cool thanks for the advice :) the pic is actually of the 1st lot which did survive till I accidentally fed them to my community fish...But this lot are pretty much in the same place haha...note to self buy a new camera so that I can take pics for you to view!!!!