stupid filter!!!!

farmchick

Does anyone know how to get the freakin lid off an Aqua One 2400 canister filter?

:evil:

Is there a hidden lock somewhere or am I and everyone else who has tried it just having a REALLY bad day?

The instructions simply say to unclick all 4 locks holding the powerhead down. Well, Ive done that and it still aint movin!!!

Stupid filter

If it has taps, open them so air can get in :wink:

Yeh, it has taps. Ive taken those right off! Its brand new and I need to see what sort of media is in there but cant even get the freakin lid off. Man I feel dumb :oops:

I think I will take it back to the shop and ask them to get the lid off.

They have a real tight fit/vacuum... unclip all clips and use the two big opposing clips to spring it off, we have 2 of these big filters and that's what we do, nice tight vacuum aye with those filters :lol:

But when I mean its new, it is BRAND NEW, straight outta the box and the only contact it has had with liquid of any sort was maybe a little bit of excited drool :o :lol: ewwwww.

should the lid be fitting that tight with absolutely no chance of a vacuum? Im scared Im going to snap something :x

:lol: :lol: :lol: hahahahaha excited drool :lol: :lol: :lol: Classic :)

There will be an airlock type vacuum.. ours was like that when we first got them.. they are a fantastic filter btw :D

Obviously its an Airlock that rivals the freakin cabin door on a Boeing 747 :-? :P

Im gunna try again tonight............... Watch this space :o

be careful when using the 2 side clips as levers

each unit we have has 1 broken handle

apply gentle pressure and get screwdriver in between lid and body to help

don't damage plastic

i now use vaseline on o ring and they come apart easily

or you can buy proper o ring grease, but don't know if that will affect fish or not

That is a great alternative livingart... might use that next time we need to get lids off and near on end up through the front windows :lol: Thanks for the heads up 8)

When we have used the two big clips to remove lid, we haven't gone mad with it and gone all in arms a flying :lol: ,just firmly sprung it.. mind you... our filters on the huge tank don't get taken apart all that often... having two running on the big tank, alternate cleans 8) So probably why the clips are still fine and dandy...

be careful when using the 2 side clips as levers

each unit we have has 1 broken handle

Hmmmm, thats what Im afraid of, I have all the finesse of a rampaging bull when things dont go my way

apply gentle pressure and get screwdriver in between lid and body to help

do you mean the body of the filter or the body Im going to have to hide if I cant get the lid off :lol:

don't damage plastic

:o:) :roll: :(:o

hahahaha, the bull thing comes to mind. If I am in control of the screwdriver, Im likely to stab the blimmen thing

i now use vaseline on o ring and they come apart easily

or you can buy proper o ring grease, but don't know if that will affect fish or not

Yay, got vaseline.

Look out filter, you're gunna get it :o

:lol: :lol: :lol: farmchick, you are such a hard case... :lol: :lol: I am so glad I not a 2400 Aqua One external right now, sitting in the middle of some floor in a certain West Auckland residence :lol: :lol:

Can relate well to the Bull at a gate method tho, I am very much like that myself :lol: Hence why the other half deals with the delicate tasks :lol:

Ok

The filter survived the attack of the raging bull.................... :o

My patience however did not :evil: :evil: :evil:

The freakin thing did not relinquish its stronghold on the lid and by the way, if you are wondering, the taps on top of the filter DO bounce on lino floors without breaking.

AND E.yellows have a fantastic sense of humour! everyone else swims around quite happily while the 7 yellows stack themselves into a tower in the corner watching me, and I swear to God THEY WERE LAUGHING! :roll:

HFF is getting a challenge this weekend :lol:

Instead of trying to pull it off, try pushing it off.

Begin by closing one tap. Wear a pair of rubber-soled shoes and grip the bottom of the filter with your feet while pulling upwards with your hands. Now take a deep breath and blow really hard into the other tap.

If you start seeing stars then stop. I've never tried this myself, but then who would! Even if this doesn't work, it should make your yellows piss themselves!

Sounds like a manufacturing fault.

If you've released any internal pressure by opening the taps, read the manual, undone the clips, and pulled hard enough to make the taps fly across the room, then I'd say its faulty! Maybe as mentioned above, some glue or bad castings.

Personally I'd just pull harder and harder and harder until something gives (first thing to break will usually be the factory mistake), but I'm a boy, we do that. Really the best option is to do what you intend to, take it back to the store.