Setting up my nano planted

Rozski

Yup, iron sand on top of daltons. Someone up in akl was kind enough to post me some.

And yeah, this is where the guppies are going missing from. I know putting a lid on would probably solve the problem, but lids are so icky :roll: Least the guppies sleep on the bottom of the tank in the night

From my ever resourceful boyfriend :D

Was trying to find a good nano light, but NZ fails a little in that respect if you want more than 15 watts over your tank. So he made me that fixture. Welded steel, spraypainted white inside, black outside, with 4 energy saver bulbs in it. Have run their power cord out through the stand bit, plus it hooks onto the desk and sits under the tank to hold it. I love it. We both wanted a minimalistic sorta light that wasn't attached to the tank top

WOW that is really really nice! true about getting enough light..... this lacks in so many "package tanks" i feel sorry for ppl as often their plants won't thrive without enough light. so i take it your bf also wired up the lights inside it? like the CO2 device. nice guppies, but you gotta end up with a bunch of cardinals in there...seriously! the hairgrass and glosso really complement each other too ay?