Re-introducing parents to tank...

1/2waysgood

You could get away with keeping the adults in a 2 foot (60x30x30) tank, should be able to pick one up secondhand for relatively cheap :)

Way too small for them, Length wise its too short they need a decent swimming area and a min of 100 litres.

I had mine in and 80 litre and feel bad for them so now they got 160 litres with clown loaches and kuhies and a guppie, Not allowed any other fish lol

I Wouldn't do it my self think its mean. They need at least 100 litres, plus they produce a lot of waste. I noticed it big time when I had them in an 80 litre the amount of waste after 2 days was huge compared to little fish.

Mmm yea I would still say it was ok for breeding with frequent water changes, obviously not with other fish :D I bred my bolivians in a 2 foot and it was perfect for them. Up to you though!!

Bolivians are a lot smaller than keyholes,and don't produce as much waste.Two foot is fine for dwarfs not for Keyholes.

Keyhole Cichlids are considered a member of the dwarf cichlid family... the initial breeding could be done in a 2ft tank with decent width and height... once their fry are free swimming, feeding well and growing on, then there is no reason the pair couldn't then be removed and placed in a larger tank if desired.

Keyhole Cichlids are considered a member of the dwarf cichlid family... the initial breeding could be done in a 2ft tank with decent width and height... once their fry are free swimming, feeding well and growing on, then there is no reason the pair couldn't then be removed and placed in a larger tank if desired.

Mine dont look like Dwarfs :D But after all this I am thinking of putting them in a smaller tank but not too small.

Yeah, they are a part of the dwarf family. And yes, I did manage to get rid of 90 odd of the little guys. I have 10 left. 12 counting the adults.

Am watching them now and wow, nasty! I reckon they're gonna breed again and no way am I going thru with that for the second time! Glad to say that my new siamese fighter is still okay as he hangs around the top, but the other fish are NOT happy.

Anyone want some fish? :D