PICTURES OF YOU PLECOS!

A-town...

Whats this P44 and is it yours? Did you get your new plecs off Mr Plec? Are they going in a species only tank? I was thinking of putting my 3 Chocolate Zebras in a tank by themselves.

It is most definitely mine! :lol:

I think it is a `Rio Ucayali` - however it is important to mention that these came in as spotted bristlenoses Ancistrus dolichopterus - which they are not. so i suppose there is debate about calling them Rio's - though I think they are that - ive posted pics on PC and people think they are that too. with Ancistrus species it is hard for a definite ID without knowing for certain what part of the river they came from.

They are sourced from NZ suppliers.

They are in my big tank, no need for a species tank - too small.

all my other plecos are in the same tank. looks like the chocs are getting it on already. :o:D

http://www.planetcatfish.com/catelog/im ... ge_id=9190

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is most definitely mine! :lol:

I think it is a `Rio Ucayali` - however it is important to mention that these came in as spotted bristlenoses Ancistrus dolichopterus - which they are not. so i suppose there is debate about calling them Rio's - though I think they are that - ive posted pics on PC and people think they are that too. with Ancistrus species it is hard for a definite ID without knowing for certain what part of the river they came from.

They are sourced from NZ suppliers.

They are in my big tank, no need for a species tank - too small.

all my other plecos are in the same tank. looks like the chocs are getting it on already. :o:D

http://www.planetcatfish.com/catelog/im ... ge_id=9190

ill be keen for some chocs if they breed

If I do breed them, I would keep the first batch, send some to kiwiplymouth and mr. pleco (if he needs them) first, so we can keep these here in NZ for as long as possible, and then finally sell the second batch.

:D

it's a long process i hear, but i will keep everyone on here in mind, but not counting chickens just yet. :D

If I do breed them, I would keep the first batch, send some to kiwiplymouth and mr. pleco (if he needs them) first, so we can keep these here in NZ for as long as possible, and then finally sell the second batch.

:D

it's a long process i hear, but i will keep everyone on here in mind, but not counting chickens just yet. :D

ahh mate, you have just gone back to the top of list for the clowns :lol: